Legal Information and Notices
Service Level Agreement Overview
The Service Level Agreement (SLA) for Trackunit digital solutions is part of your licensing agreement (Agreement). This SLA applies to all online services provided by Trackunit to you as a customer. The availability guarantee does not apply to hardware applications that are dependent on installation and service of customer’s asset that is outside of Trackunit’s control.
If Trackunit does not achieve or maintain the service levels described in this SLA, and you have subscribed to our Evolve (Priority SLA) or Expand (Premium SLA) Fleet Plans, you may be eligible for compensation in form of a credit memo towards a portion of your monthly license fees. This SLA lasts until the end of your agreement period but can be changed with written agreement or when renewing the agreement period.
Services Level Offerings
Trackunit offers 3 levels of SLA that are included with your Fleet Plan subscription. Our Community SLA is included with the Explore Fleet Plan, Priority SLA is included with the Expand Fleet Plan and Premium SLA is included with Evolve Fleet Plan. Note that a minimum 500 subscription threshold is required to be eligible for the Priority and Premium SLA offering. Each SLA includes specific levels of service in Technical Support response and availability guarantee for online services. Please note that Trackunit Technical Support is available for direct customers of Trackunit where the customer contact has been added to Trackunit’s ticketing system. Customer Account Admins can request additional contacts to be added by contacting Trackunit Technical Support.
To identify the right service level for your business, please consider the criticality rating of the Trackunit Systems and Services for your use case. The criticality rating will depend on how your business utilizes the services provided by Trackunit. If your business utilizes API integrations or includes Trackunit services as part of core business processes, we recommend going to a higher service level.
Community SLA Overview
The Community SLA is included with the Explore Fleet Plan. Trackunit always strives to answer support issues quickly, to efficiently resolve issues and to ensure that our platform and services are highly available. With the Community SLA we do not offer a specific promise on platform uptime or Technical Support response time, however, we target to respond to support issues within 5 business days. In addition to the Trackunit Help Center we are also launching a Customer Community forum that will enable peer-to-peer and one-to-many support experience that will enable Community customers to find answers to most common questions quickly.
Priority SLA Overview
The Priority SLA is included with the Evolve Fleet Plan for customers with over 500 subscriptions. It delivers 99% or better uptime on services and APIs, with fast request response time, problem resolution time and prioritized incident resolution. The Priority SLA ensures that the Trackunit systems are available when you need them and is suitable for customers who rely on Trackunit systems and services as part of their business operations.
Premium SLA Overview
The Premium SLA, included with the Expand Fleet Plan for customers with over 500 subscriptions, includes 99.8% or better uptime on services and APIs, with the fastest request response time, problem resolution
time and prioritized incident resolution. The Premium SLA ensures that the Trackunit systems have the highest availability and the fastest level of engagement and support if needed. The Premium SLA is suitable for customers where Trackunit systems and services have high business impact.
SLA Comparison Matrix
At a glance comparison of the Trackunit SLA levels
Subscription Fleet Plan: Explore
Service Level Agreement: Community
- Technical Support response time – Phone (Within business hours): < 5 days (best effort)
- Technical Support response time – E-mail* (Within business hours): < 5 days (best effort)
- Guaranteed service uptime**: Best effort
- Guaranteed API availability **: Best effort
- Monthly service credits in case of downtime: No
Subscription Fleet Plan: Evolve
Service Level Agreement: Priority
- Technical Support response time – Phone (Within business hours): < 30 mins call back
- Technical Support response time – E-mail* (Within business hours): < 8 hours
- Guaranteed service uptime**: 99%
- Guaranteed API availability **: 99%
- Monthly service credits in case of downtime: Yes
Subscription Fleet Plan: Expand
Service Level Agreement: Premium
- Technical Support response time – Phone (Within business hours): < 5 min
- Technical Support response time – E-mail* (Within business hours): < 1 hour
- Guaranteed service uptime**: 99.8%
- Guaranteed API availability **: 99.8%
- Monthly service credits in case of downtime: Yes
*Average response time for eligible Tech Support tickets in a given month
**Availability calculated on a monthly basis and not including announced service windows and scheduled maintenance
Claims and Compensation
For Trackunit to consider a claim towards compensation, all information needed to be able to verify your claim must include but is not limited to; detailed description of the incident, information regarding time and duration of the incident, downtime, the number and location of affected users, and a description of your attempts to resolve the incident. Trackunit will use the severity of the SLA violation in consideration for the amount of eligible credit up to a maximum of 2.5% of your monthly subscription for Priority and 5% for Premium.
In order for Trackunit to be able to process a claim, Trackunit Technical Support must receive the claim within 30 days from the incident. Trackunit will evaluate all information in good faith and determine if you are eligible to receive a credit memo. We will exercise reasonable efforts to process the claim within 30 days from receiving the claim. You must be compliant with the Agreement to be eligible for any credit memo.
Credit memos are your sole and exclusive remedy for any performance availability issues regarding Trackunit’s digital solution. Thus, Trackunit will never compensate for any internal costs, loss of business or 3rd party costs unless other remedies have been agreed in the Agreement. You are not entitled to withhold payment of license fees due to performance or availability issues.
The following exceptions and limitations apply:
- Due to factors outside our reasonable control (for example, natural disaster, war, acts of terrorism, riots, government action, network or device failure external to our data centers, including at your site or between your site and our data center).
- That result from the use of services, hardware, or software not provided by us, including, but not limited to, issues resulting from inadequate bandwidth, lack of network coverage or related to third-party software or services.
- Caused by your use of a service after our recommendation to modify this use.
- During or with respect to preview, pre-release, beta or trial versions of a service, feature or software (as determined by us).
- That result from unauthorized action or lack of action when required, from your employees, agents, contractors, or vendors, or anyone gaining access to our network by means of your passwords or equipment, or otherwise from your failure to follow appropriate security practices.
- That result from your failure to; adhere to any required configurations, use of supported platforms, follow any policies for acceptable use, or your use of the service in a manner inconsistent with the intended features and functionality of the service (for example, attempts to perform operations that are not supported), or inconsistent with our published guidance.
- That result from faulty input, instructions, or arguments (for example, requests to access data that do not exist).
- That result from your attempts to perform operations that exceed prescribed quotas or that resulted from our throttling of suspected abusive behavior.